Smoked Triple Berry Crisp
Tart triple berry filling (blackberries, blueberries and raspberries) under big chunks of crisp buttery topping then smoked or baked to perfection in a cast iron pan and topped with whipped cream or ice cream.Jump to Recipe
This Traeger smoked triple berry crisp is one of those desserts that you want to savor every bite while closing your eyes and making awkward noises LOL….. it’s that good! Especially if you eat it steaming hot with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream that envelops the crisp with all it’s luscious meltiness. OK ok I’ll stop but, seriously though!
We are big fans of smoking & grilling desserts like these Grilled Peaches and I’m guessing you are too! There is just something satisfying about pulling a cast iron pan full of something sweet off the grill. This berry crisp recipe is suuuper easy to make, and you only need a few ingredients. The crisp topping is made with whole wheat flour and less processed sugar so we’re going to call it healthy 😀.
What You Need to Make Triple Berry Crisp
- Fresh or frozen
- Organic cane sugar
- Organic brown sugar
- Whole white wheat flour
- Quick cooking oats
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Pecan, Cherry or Apple pellets for smoking
Extra Tips for This Recipe
Nope, you can cook it in whatever pan you want. You could even bake it in individual dishes.
Store in the refrigerator in a container with a tight fitting lid. It’s delicious as leftovers cold or reheated.
Our favorites for this recipe are Pecan, Cherry or Apple
how to make
Step by step instructions with photos below or scroll down for printable version
Preheat your pellet grill (we used a Traeger) to 375°F using Pecan, Cherry or Apple pellets.
Note: you can bake this in the oven using the same time and temperature. You can also use any medium sized baking dish.
Start by prepping the filling
In a bowl or directly in your baking pan toss together 1 cup each Blackberries, Blueberries and Raspberries (fresh or frozen), 1 1/2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar and 1 1/2 Tablespoons Cornstarch.
Make the Crisp Topping
In a small mixing bowl combine 3/4 cup whole white wheat flour, 3/4 cup quick cooking oats (or regular rolled oats), 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar, and 1/2 cup melted butter (salted)
Sprinkle evenly over the berries making sure to keep some large chunks.
Cook covered in a pellet grill at 375°F for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
other recipes you might enjoy
Smoked Triple Berry Crisp
- pellet grill optional
- 1 8 inch cast iron pan optional
Triple berry filling
- 1 cup Blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Organic cane sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Whole white wheat flour
- ¾ cup Quick cooking oats or regular rolled oats
- ½ cup Packed organic brown sugar
- ½ cup Mellted butter salted
- 1 pinch Salt if using unsalted butter
- Note: you can bake this in the oven using the same time and temperature. You can also use any medium sized baking dish.
- Preheat your pellet grill (we used a Traeger) to 375°F using Pecan, Cherry or Apple pellets.
- Toss the berries, cane sugar and cornstarch together, pour into an 8 inch cast iron pan.
- Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and mix until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the berries making sure to keep some large chunks.
- Put in the grill and cook covered for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
If you try any of our recipes we would love to see your creation!
Tag us on Instagram @thetearyonion. Or leave a review here on the recipe!
Thanks for reading and as always have fun in the kitchen!