Mango Avocado Salsa
Chunks of mango, avocado and red bell pepper flavored with jalapeno cilantro and green onion then tossed in fresh lime. This Mango avocado salsa is full of flavor and texture.Jump to Recipe
This salsa goes nicely with grilled chicken or fish, add some rice and you have a delicious, easy meal! Or just enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
All you need are a few fresh ingredients, a sharp knife, a cutting board, a bowl and a spoon to toss it all together.
what you need to make mango avocado salsa
- Red bell pepper
- Green Onion
- Lime juice
- Black pepper
Extra Tips for this recipe
When choosing your avocado make sure it isn’t too soft. You want it to be ripe but, still firm. If it’s too soft it will turn to mush in your salsa.
On the other hand you want your mango to be slightly on the ripe side. The flavor is much better that way.
You’ll want your mango, red pepper and, avocado all diced roughly the same size. About 1/4”-1/2” depending on how chunky you want your salsa
Ideas for serving Mango Avocado Salsa
- With tortilla chips
- With grilled chicken or fish
- On tacos like our Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
- In burrito bowls or burritos
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 2 medium Mango peeled and diced about 3 cups
- 1 large Red bell pepper diced about 2 cups
- 2 medium Avocados (ripe but firm) diced about 1 1/2-2 cups
- 1 medium Jalapeño minced about 1/4 cup
- 2 Green onions thinly sliced about 1/4 cup
- 1 cup Cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 Large Lime juiced about 1/4 cup
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh cracked black pepper
- Dice the avocado, mango and bell pepper roughly the same size (1/4"-1/2" depending on how chunky you want your salsa).Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Tip: If you separate the avocado pieces gently with your fingers they will be more evenly mixed throughout the salsa.
If you try this recipe we would love to see your creation!
Tag us on Instagram @thetearyonion
Thanks for reading and as always have fun in the kitchen!
3 thoughts on “Mango Avocado Salsa”