Smoked Triple Berry Crisp
This dessert has a tart triple berry filling featuring blackberries, blueberries and raspberries then topped with a buttery crisp topping and cooked in a pellet grill/smoker. It is super easy to make and is a crowd pleaser. Don't forget to serve with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Triple berry filling
- 1 cup Blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Organic cane sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ¾ cup Whole white wheat flour
- ¾ cup Quick cooking oats or regular rolled oats
- ½ cup Packed organic brown sugar
- ½ cup Mellted butter salted
- 1 pinch Salt if using unsalted butter
Note: you can bake this in the oven using the same time and temperature. You can also use any medium sized baking dish.
Preheat your pellet grill (we used a Traeger) to 375°F using Pecan, Cherry or Apple pellets.
Toss the berries, cane sugar and cornstarch together, pour into an 8 inch cast iron pan.
Combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and butter in a small bowl and mix until combined. Sprinkle evenly over the berries making sure to keep some large chunks.
Put in the grill and cook covered for 30-40 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.